Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last of my Christmas Cards

Well as I needed to start fresh, I made 55 Christmas cards this year to get delivered. I felt rushed as I normally have my cards out by the first week of December, but oh well, they are done and I am pleased with them.

This card was a work in progress, I didn't have a pine branch stamp so hand drew the branches in after sponging with Mellow Moss and Garden Green. Then the stamp needed some work as it looked really plain in just the Basic Black ink so I dressed it up with coloring in the "J" border with a marker and then outlining the scrolls with a metallic blue gel pen. I wanted my ornaments to stand out so I ran them through the EF, but didn't decide until after that I needed silver tops. If I did it again, I would use my sponge daubers before I ran them through the EF.

Stamps: Illuminations - SU
Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss and Garden Green
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, I used a variety of colors for the ornaments as I used up scraps, in this pic I used Real Red and Almost Amethyst
Accessories: pop dots, Bashful Blue marker, Garden Green marker, sponges, metallic blue gel pen, metallic silver gel pen, ruler, a variety of Cuttlebug EFs and Adirondack Silver Metallic Sponge Dabber

I chose to show you two pics this time as I wanted you to see the variety in the melted crayon background I had. I tried to make the backgrounds look like northern lights, I was fairly pleased with the outcome, 4 crayons later as I made ten cards of this type.
Stamps: A Hug for Ike - Whipper Snapper
Paper: Whisper White and Ballet Blue
Inks: Tsukineko Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Night of Navy marker, copics, wax crayons, heat tool, ribbon, icicle border punch
Copics:
Beak YR07, YR16
Penquin C7, 100
Nose C7, 100
Feet Pads RV000, BV23
Shading of Bear C1
Snow B32
Shadow B00

1 comment:

Cor* said...

Love the northern light look! Very creative!