Monday, December 28, 2009

My Daughter's Gift











Our family agreed to each make one gift this year for our immediate family. We drew names to see who the ill-fated individual would be and I received my daughter Nicole's name.
I made this "How I See "U" tin out of a small lunch box I got at the local dollar store. It was sanded, painted, mod podged, covered, mod podged again, decorated, mod podged again. On the inside I measured the area to determine the size of the notes I made. Each one showed a different character trait she possesses and inside a definition of that character trait, a bible quote showing that trait and a personal note from me about how these traits resembled her. Each one is decorated with pizzazz for an extra added touch. One of my daughters favorite colors is yellow and her favorite flowers are daisies, hence the decor.

2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Just got back from UK and popped by to say Hi and i look forward to working with you on the prairie fairy dt! congrats!

Beautiful creation


Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful idea! i love it :)

xoxo
sarabeth