Friday, June 4, 2010

Luminara

The image on the left is with the lights off and the electric tealight on, the one on the right is with the lights on.  You can't tell much difference with my flash.  I created my first luminara for the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge 22 - Decorate a Bag this week.  I know it can be a little bit challenging but think of how rewarding it is when you enter the challenge.  So head on over to Fairy Fun Fridays and enter.

I used the image Snow Friends over at Prairie Fairy Designs.  This image is so versatile and absolutely adorable on any medium.  I stamped the vellum in the window with metallic silver ink, randomly adding snowflakes for the background.  I used a Martha Stewart punch around the outside of the circle to get the border effect, then sponged it to make it show up more.  The letters are from Cuttlebug Harmony alphabet die cut set, I ran them through a small Xyron to stick on easily.  Added silver half pearls for embellishment as well as a snowflake behind the "o" in Snow.


Stamps:  Snow Friends - Prairie Fairy Designs, Serene Snowflake - SU
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  Bashful Flue, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, pp
Accessories:  sponge, MS punch, snowflake punch, silver half pearls, Cuttlebug Harmony alphabet die cuts, Xyron, circle cutter, copics, coloring pencils, baby oil and blending stump

5 comments:

Lori said...

You always come up with such creative ideas. I love the first photo where you can see the snowflakes. Another home run Kelly!

Cor* said...

Holy Frick man, this is GREAT! I never would have thought of this (duh, or I would have done it)!! Wonderul kelly. I too like the pic where you can see the snowflakes !!! YAY!!!

CarlaKH said...

Fabulous! What a great idea and love the image- will have to check that out!

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea Kelly!!!!!!! Great job!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a terrific take on this bag challenge, Kelly! I love that you made it into luminara! Beautiful bold colors and wonderful work with the image and sparkles!